The Machine Gun Jetpack is the first jetpack you will receive and also it is the jetpack which is featured most, if not all of the art pictures representing this game. This jetpack operates by shooting machine gun rounds into the ground out of dual barrels. The recoil from the guns firing causes the jetpack to go up, thus making it a viable means of transportation.
- The name of the Jetpack was also the working title of the game itself before being published as Jetpack Joyride.
- The Machine Gun Jetpack is also featured as a weapon in Monster Dash, a game also made by Halfbrick which, coincidentally, also stars Barry Steakfries.
- The machine gun are 2 M61 Vulcan Miniguns. Miniguns are known for their high recoil and massive weight which forces them to be used on vehicles.
- This jetpack has a gold-plated variant, the Gold Platinum MGJP.
- The launch pad for this jetpack is a rod that goes up and attaches to the back and two metal slots that the barrels fit into.
- Randall Munroe, author of popular web comics blog "xkcd", published a piece on the real world physics requires to build an actual machine gun jetpack: http://what-if.xkcd.com/21/
|Machine Gun Jetpack · Bubble Gun Jetpack · Traditional Jetpack · Laser Jetpack ·|